News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Video Recording

Started by dcclocoman, April 10, 2020, 07:37:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dcclocoman

I have started creating video recordings using a camera mounted on a flatcar.  I'm using an SQ11 camera.  It is a 0.9 in cube with a micro-SD card installed.  I have it attached with double-sided tape.  I can easily remove the camera and view the recordings on my PC or TV.
The shortcoming of this camera is that it's minimum focus length is 50cm (20 in.), so nearby objects are not in sharp focus.   Can anyone recommend a similar size camera with better near-distance focusing ability?

graywolf

I using a SpyTec Mobius Action camera which has a 131 degree wide angle lens. I have no problems with closeup photos. Try youtube where you can see a video I did with that camera. Search Mobius on a train. I just made another video with the camera mounted higher in a gondola so that the view is over the top of the cars ahead. Will see if I can link it to this site in the future.

dcclocoman

Can you tell me what the minimum useful focus distance is?  I found a YouTube video showing a closeup camera image which appears to be focusing at about 2 in.

graywolf

Just look up the specs on the Spy Tec website.     

dcclocoman

I haven't been able to locate the focus distance specification on the website.  I've found a number of YouTube videos using the SpyTec camera.  It appears to have a minimum focus distance between six to eight inches.