News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Pancake motor replacement

Started by Andrewr, December 02, 2020, 01:58:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrewr

I'm trying to get an old H0 scale Bachmann Brill Trolley (Hershey paint job) working again. It had the pancake motor that wasn't working correctly, and still doesn't even after I took it apart and threatened it.

Where can I find a replacement either of the motor or, perhaps better, a new powered truck that will fit?  Has anyone modified something like this to work with the powered truck available from Bachmann?

Thanks for any help you can give!

RDC1

I'd scout around for a running donor trolley. You might be able to just swap the whole chassis, but keep the old one for parts. It is possible to repair them, although a lot of people on message boards will tell you it's not worth it. To me, keeping old stuff running is just fun, and worth it.
My Tyco Power Torque can beat up your train!

Founder - http://www.tycodepot.com

rich1998

Hi Andrewr

I am a retired industrial mechanic and some years ago I got a 0-6-0 Plymouth loco with pancake motor running. I like to tinker and had the time.
I used CRC 2-26 to lightly spray on the motor and brushes. Three pole motor I think. Been some years.
I mounted the frame on the work bench and got it running with a little  Labelle gear oil on the gears. Light film. Noisy but it ran. Pickups lousy.
I made better ones using Kadee springs.
I even got it running with a DZ125 decoder but it does not like any interruptions. Just an experiment.
No idea what you tried to do?

A few years ago I gave someone here two 0-6-0 switchers. They worked.

Good luck.

Rich