News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

headlight intermittent on EM-1

Started by davidredwing, January 05, 2021, 05:41:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidredwing

How do I fix an intermittent front light on my EM-1? The tender light works correctly.

jonathan

Hard to diagnose without seeing the issue in person.  That being said:

If you are running the EM-1 on a DCC layout, here's a quirk I've noticed.

In DCC running, sometimes there is a slight drop off in voltage.  One can run over a bit of track where the voltage drops from 16V down to, say 13V for whatever reason.  Could be dirty track or too many locos in the same district, and so on.  The headlight will stop working, but the loco will continue to run.  After the loco runs a few more feet, the light will come back on.  This has happened with both my EM-1s.  I never gave it much thought.

Don't know if this is what you are experiencing.  Just throwing it out there as a possibility.

Regards,

Jonathan

davidredwing

thanks a lot and will put my multi meter to work. but why doesn't the tender light blink at the same place as the headlight?.

will advise of my findings.

also, my trailing truck needs replacing and Bachmann don't have any and also don't know when, or if, they'll be getting them in. Does a trailing truck from a GS4/64 (with a little modification) work or do you have an extra for sale?

Look forward to hearing from you and thanks a lot......I feel a lot better

rich1998

I know your email is hidden but if your email is really your forum name that is not advisable. Hackers can see it easily.

Rich