Getting Back Into the Hobby

Started by jeff.s, December 17, 2020, 04:29:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rich1998

Quote from: jeff.s on December 18, 2020, 03:02:22 PM
Quote from: rich1998 on December 18, 2020, 11:43:27 AM
Welcome jeff.s

If you are not aware, you will need a photo hosting site to post photos. There are a number of them. Ex Navy here.

Rich

Can you please explain?  My photos are hosted on my server or in the Cloud, is something else needed?

Ok, then no problem posting photos. Many do not have their own server.

Rich

Ralph S

Welcome back to model railroading, Unlike you I didn't get rid of my old model railroads, track, engines, and train cars.  I lugged them around in 2 large boxes for 40 years, after moving away from home, made a family, and my kids when they were young tilted toward computer stuff, weren't interested in model trains and so I packed my trains (and theirs) back into 3 boxes.  Like you, I'm working on retiring and this will be my return to being a kid again.  Maybe, if I ever have grandkids, hopefully they'll be as interested in model trains as I was.

So with that, my advice is it doesn't matter whether you go with DC or DCC, I'm working with both presently and you'd have to make that choice.  But you have already headed in the right direction by being on this discussion forum.  I'm not advocating this message board, but I will tell you that the advice I've been given is very very good.  It has shown me issues that I had, and I am now correcting them to get up to speed on the operation, sizing, models, and other little known problems that are brought to light in this message forum.

Hope this helps.