News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

CSX SD40-2 unresponsive on DCC

Started by EZrider87, December 27, 2020, 06:53:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EZrider87

Greetings,

Having trouble with with a CSX SD40-2, DCC on board. Purchased new in 2019. Running a small 4x8 layout, recently upgraded to DCC. The locomotive is unresponsive to power commands and has no sound. But it hums slightly with power applied and the lights work. It will run on traditional DC power, although sluggishly. Other DCC equipped locomotives function properly, as expected on the layout. So, track and power supply don't appear to be the issue. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

jward

Can you reset the decoder? DO you know what address the locomotive is set to? What system are you using?

Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

EZrider87

I haven't tried to reset the decoder. I'm running the ez command DCC connected to traditional track layout via universal wire, not using Bachmann ez track. Both the locomotive and controller come with preassigned address which I have not changed. I can toggle lights on and off but no sound or movement.

jward

Default should be address 3, did you buy the locomotive new or used?
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

EZrider87

Locomotive was purchased new about a year ago and has been running on traditional DC. It's a seasonal layout, so it only runs for a couple of months then gets stored. Yes the default address is 3. I purchased another new DCC equipped locomotive a few weeks ago and it runs flawlessly on the default address 3.

jward

You really need to do a decoder reset. Unfortunately i don't believe EZ Command can do that. Somebody correct me if i'm wrong.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA