News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Ez track numbering

Started by Jeff1980, January 16, 2021, 07:55:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff1980

I used the Anyrail computer program to create my layout. This program lists the nomenclature for each piece of track, but I am finding the actual tracks have added numbers at the end. Fir example, the 22" curve is a Hh4403, but I am finding some are H4403A4-1, some are H4403A-2 and so on. Are the all the same? What are the differences?

Terry Toenges

Bachmann  can tell you better than I can but I think they are just minor revisions and nothing that would change the geometry of the track pieces.
I'm just guessing it might just be something in the way the underside is constructed or how the track is attached to the road bed or something like that.
I do know that, at some point, they changed their whole numbering system. In HO, 18" radius gray roadbed used to be 92124A. Now it's 44501. Track that is gray roadbed begins with "445.." and track with black roadbed begins with "444..".
If you are buying HO track from somewhere, the stuff that begins with a "9" is the older track and the stuff that begin with "4" is the newer track. There is nothing wrong with the older track.
Feel like a Mogul.

Jeff1980

Thank you... Your reply answered my question very nicely... and even educated me a bit more....