News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

BachMann EZ Track Turnout

Started by LukeM, February 04, 2021, 10:15:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LukeM

Hi

I have just got a Bachmann Ez track turnout with the remote control or wired part. It says that i need to hook it up to my DCC, i have a Bachmann EZ control DCC and see nowhere to plug it in. Do i need to buy a part.

Luke

Geeper

I have 4 of the #44562 turnouts and they all came with electric switch wiring. I unscrewed the switch activator and removed the wiring (saved it for later use). I use all 4 turnouts as manual switching, which works better for my layout.

rich1998

It sounds like a wired turnout. Here is a link about how they are used. Not sure it is correct.

https://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/dwg/dwgs/HO__6_Turnouts_Instructions.pdf

Rich

jward

Quote from: Geeper on February 04, 2021, 12:18:26 PM
I have 4 of the #44562 turnouts and they all came with electric switch wiring. I unscrewed the switch activator and removed the wiring (saved it for later use). I use all 4 turnouts as manual switching, which works better for my layout.

Just wondering why you'd go to all the trouble to remove the switch motor and wiring? You can use them in manual mode without doing any of that.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

Geeper

Hi, I removed the wiring to keep it new and undamaged. I don't need it in my current layout and keep them in a zip-lock bag. Putting up and taking down my layout is just easier without the extra wires hanging there. 64' of track on a 4'x8' layout makes it a bit tight in some places.