News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Headlight on 2-8-0

Started by billoberst, February 07, 2021, 11:46:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billoberst

I have a Bachmann 2-8-0 and I'm wondering if anyone  on this  forum knows a way to get the Headlight to burn brighter. On this model the LED butts up to a small plastic diffuser? and the light is very dim by the time it shines out of the Headlight. I have taken it apart to examine the LED and it's burning normally the voltage from the decoder is almost 12V so that seems normal. Maybe someone has modified another 2-8-0 without drilling out the headlight and placing the Led outside of the smoke box. Any suggestions would be appreciated.Thanks Bill

jonathan

https://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/board/index.php/topic,22055.0.html

Bill,

The link above will take you to one of my threads about dealing with the 2-8-0 headlight.

I'm afraid the only way around the dim light is to remove the LED from the frame and put an LED inside the headlamp can.

It's not too terribly difficult.

The dim headlight is a well-known issue.  Just the way it was designed.

I must have a dozen posts about tinkering with the 2-8-0.  No one else has ever suggested, or at least posted about, another way to make the headlight brighter. (caveat...--that I can remember)

Regards,

Jonathan

billoberst

I was wondering how you get the headlight off the smokebox without breaking the mount. Thanks for all your help. Bill Oberst