News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

ACS-64 W/sound

Started by vbaglivio, May 31, 2021, 08:36:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vbaglivio

Hi all,
I picked up an ACS64 w/dcc and sound on ebay. Motor control works fine, I'm using DCC++ for controls. Sound, on the other hand is a different story. I can play most of the short sounds fine but if I play a long sound or enable more than 1 at a time there are issues. The motor control appears to continue to operate just fine but the sound board resets. I can hear the sounds simply drop, then then reset into the engine idle sound, sometimes starting w/track sound other times again resetting until i completely unpower the loco then repower it. The headlights on both the front and rear side of the engine work fine but the cab lights flicker constantly no matter the orientation when enabled 80% of the time, but not all the time. I suspect that a capacitor is at fault as I don't believe this loco has a stay alive component.
All that said, I haven't opened the chassis yet as I don't have a component breakdown. Does anyone have a documentation or a link to technical details of the DCC decoder and sound modules? Also, has anyone seen this behavior before? I wouldn't mind replacing it with a new decoder board but my guess is that bachmann wouldn't offer the soundboard alone. Does anyone have any recommendations?