Question Regarding A/C Terminal on Bachmann EZ Command Controller

Started by ferroequinologist, June 21, 2021, 11:49:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ferroequinologist

Hello,
I'm planning on expanding my current layout to not only be larger, but to also include rail block and crossing signals as well as traffic lights.  However, while I have detailed instructions for setting up the railroad signals, the instructions for the traffic lights simply say, "Use A/C Terminal on Power Pack."  Given that I'll be using the EZ Command DCC Controller, I'm wondering if it has an A/C terminal, and if so, where on the unit.

Len

The EZ-Command does not have any AC Accessory terminals. You will need a seperate AC power supply for any powered accessories you plan to add. A 14 - 16VAC 'wall wart' power supply rated for at least 1 amp (1000ma) should work okay.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

ferroequinologist

Hello,
Thank you for your response.  I do have some old A/C adapters, though they're only rated for 65 and 300 mA, respectively.  I did find a 16 Volt A/C adapter online that's rated for 1250 mA, so that might work.  I'm also thinking I'd have to strip the wires on the A/C adapter to connect them with those on my accessories.

ferroequinologist

I have a similar question regarding the EZ Command Controller.  I saw that Bachmann sells a DCC-equipped turntable, and I'm wondering if I could operate this with the EZ Command Controller, or if I would need to buy a separate DC Controller for it.

Desert Rose

Bachmann power controlers included in train kits no longer have accessory ports. Bachmann will sell you a Bachmann 16V DC multi-accessory power supply Item No. 44219. You can find it in the 2021 Bachmann Williams catalog page 282. It does a pretty good job running switches. It is rated 1 Amp.

E-Z Command Digital Command Control System by Bachmann controls the switches using key 10 then the defalt key 1 thru 8.

You can hook up an older Bachmann power pack and speed controller with A/C terminals to the E-Z Command Digital Command Control System using a Black connecting cable for connecting the EZ-Command to a speed controller. Model: CABLE-EZ

ferroequinologist

Thank you for your response, Deborah :).  I already have a power supply for my motorized switches, along with individual controls for each, though I'm wondering if I could operate the Bachmann DCC-Equipped turntable using the EZ Command Controller and without the need for an Auto-Reversing Module.