New EZ Command DCC controller Plus- Locomotive address question

Started by Ralph S, March 08, 2023, 12:45:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ralph S

Can someone clarify the assessable address for EZ Command Plus (Model 44933) uses?

Here's my dilemma: I am thinking about purchasing this new model, but I can't seem to get any info on whether this Plus version of the controller can use more than one loco road number or if it can handle at least two numbers for the loco.

My current controllers are EZ Command (model 44932 and 44901) access to the locomotive is by its last number, i.e., usage is the 'last' number of the locomotive's (road number).  So, for my BNSF Loco #2264 it's DCC address would be "4".  For B&M #1575, it's DCC address is "5".

Before I purchase, if I purchase, based on everyone's response to: Can this Plus model (44933) only addresses its locomotive by its last loco number or can it handle the entire locomotive number like other controllers?

PS> Thanks you Bachmann for putting this forum back on-line.

Ralph S

Update 3/8/23:
Never mind, I found the EZ Command Plus manual in Bachmann Documents area.  It stated the following,
"Please note that you can only assign single-digit numbers to your DCC-equipped locomotives with E-Z Command® Plus."

Page 3 https://shop.bachmanntrains.com/documents/44933EZCommandPlus.pdf

Next time I'll have to look twice and a little closer....