Sound Decoder for Baldwin 4-6-0 w/52" drivers

Started by Old Sarge, April 19, 2021, 03:25:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Sarge

What DCC Sound Decoder does Bachmann recommend for the Baldwin 4-6-0 w/52" drivers?  I have a new one that is DCC ready that replaced an older one which could not be repaired.  I cannot find anything on which decoder Bachmann uses when the same engine comes equipped with a DCC sound decoder.  Also, is it plug and play?

smokey43

Quote from: Old Sarge on April 19, 2021, 03:25:22 PMWhat DCC Sound Decoder does Bachmann recommend for the Baldwin 4-6-0 w/52" drivers?  I have a new one that is DCC ready that replaced an older one which could not be repaired.  I cannot find anything on which decoder Bachmann uses when the same engine comes equipped with a DCC sound decoder.  Also, is it plug and play?
Good question!!
Any answers would be appreciated.  Bachmann Rep??

Yard Master

Hi all,

The HO DCC Ready Baldwin 4-6-0 is plug-and-play with an 8-pin plug.

The Sound Value version uses a Soundtraxx Sound Value decoder, which is a simplified version of their Tsunami/Econami technology. These decoders are not available for separate sale, but if you want to use Soundtraxx for your installation, their Tsunami2 installation recommendation for DCC Ready is as follows:

Decoder: TSU-1100| 884006
Speaker/Baffle: 810153 / 810110

However, you can also install any NMRA compliant decoder from other companies- DCC Ready offers the flexibility to install the decoder of your choice!