News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann EMD SD40-2 w/DCC & Sound

Started by ajbell41356, November 22, 2023, 10:24:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ajbell41356

I just buy a Bachmann EMD SD40-2 w/DCC & Sound six days. Yesterday, the sound started to become intermitting meaning the sound would come on and off as it moved and the train then it would stop and not come back. The lights and the locomotive movement is fine.I am running an NCE Smart Booster SB5. Oh yes, I am knew to this. Help?

BobZ

I've had a sound problem on several occasions over the years. Mine were always 'speaker' related. I sent the locos back to Bachmann and they would repair them. Most of the time the speaker needed to be replaced.

trainman203

Yes and speaker problems almost always come from the sound being played too loud.  I like really loud sound and it took me a while to understand, after losing a few, that I had to turn it down to save the speaker. If it's too loud, you can hear it distorting but you really ought to be no more than 2/3 of that volume or even less.

ajbell41356

Yes, I heard the distorting sound before there was no sound. I sent it to be repaired.When it is returned I will lower the sound.

trainman203

Cv 128 is the master volume.  I set all of mine around 80 now. It's a lot quieter than I like but it's better than blowing the speaker.