News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

ez command

Started by CHUG, January 05, 2008, 08:17:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CHUG

We just started a club and we use a ez command control. Most of the guys trains run on 3. We take turns on the control. Can we buy another ez command and hook it to the layout also so more guys can run trains at the same time off of two controls. That would be less time to wait for a turn.

SteamGene

As I understand it, no.  Sorry.
Have a great Twelvth Night
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

WoundedBear

Gene....check Bachmann product #'s 44907 and 44908. I think they may be what he requires.

Sid

the Bach-man

Dear Chug,
Yes, the EZ Companion is exactly what you need.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

CHUG

Thanks for the great news. EZ companion will be great for the club. If all the guys whos trains run on 3 get there own ez companions can we all use them together.

sour rails

NO,
     You will need to change the addresses of some of the locos to different numbers.  Otherwise the person controlling number three will control all locos addressed to that number.   All Bachmann locos with DCC are pre-set to address three.  To change this is simple.  Make sure you have one loco with address three on the track, that way when you change the address it only affects one loco not all of them.  Press and hold the button 3.  While holding it down, press the stop button.  Now the power light should flash rapidly.  Now simply press the address button you want to send you locomotive to, 1-9.  Address 10 is used for regular DC locomotives, unless you have a regular power pack hooked up properly to the EZ Command; then, you would be able to run ten DCC and one DC with the same electrical hookup.

Hope this benefits your group,
Happy New Year!
Sometimes, true greatness comes in small packages.  ~Sour Rails

Nickel Plate Road~Resurgence

8) 8) Sour Rails 8) 8) [move]

CHUG

Thanks. No way around changing the channel from 3 on other engines running at the same time on the ez companion. I guess we need to wrestle or shoot to see who gets to keep 3. RIP Dale!