HO Nickel Silver EZ Track Assorted Straight Track Sections

Started by roybrownson, April 27, 2024, 04:03:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

roybrownson

I am trying to build a 5' x 9' layout. My table is built with a plywood top and 1.25" thick pink insulation foam glued on top and foldable legs attached under two at each ends. I am using HO EZ track both steel alloy and nickel silver. I have bought the HO Nickel Silver EZ track Assorted Straight Track Sections pack. This pack comes in lengths of .75", 1", 1.25", 1.50", and 2" sectional straight pieces to fill in where the straight tracks don't match up. My question is I have no problem with the sections that are 1"-2" in size. But, I can't get the .75" size sections to connect to any other straight or curve EZ Track pieces. How or what do I need to do to get them to connect to other EZ Track?
Thanks, Roy B. in Utah,USA

Terry Toenges

You need to cut down the connector on the longer piece that you are trying to attach it to.
Feel like a Mogul.

Ralph S

I ran into this same problem where I wanted the EZ track to match up to a slight incline on my layout.  All of the EZ track short sections were either too short or too long.  This is where the Flex track comes in.  If it's a slight curve flex track can be cut to fit.  If it's a short piece of straight track then the Atlas straight track can be cut down to fit.  The best part is that the EZ track does not need to be modified.  That's right, you do not need to cut into the connector of the EZ track.  The atlas and flex track will attach directly to the EZ using a connector pin piece.  The other connector piece is supplied from the EZ track.
Financially, EZ track is expensive, the Atlas and Flex is much more economical and cutting them up to make EZ track fit in my view, provide the least expense.
Hope this helps.

Terry Toenges

It would  have to be a very small piece if you had to cut an Atlas one shorter than the Bachmann 3/4" piece.
Feel like a Mogul.