News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

OK you guys...

Started by joegideon, January 09, 2008, 01:28:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joegideon

So, Bach-man... I griped about this before- in HO. 

I just received a pair of the new "N" Heavy 4-8-2 Mountains...  Absolutely lovely!  The diecast boilers/superstructures make ALL the difference! I bought an undec. and an I.C.R.R..

Now... my HO Heavy Mountain, my Illinois Central version, is numbered as #2981.  Now,  anyone who knows anything about the I.C (ask Lanny!)knows that the 2900s were 2-10-2s.  Always!  I griped about this to you and to corporate years ago!  So, imagine my surprise when I unwrapped my new "N" scale Heavy Mountain, and found it to be numbered as- you guessed it- 2981! 

Now this company of yours has gone to great lengths, extraordinary lengths, to make the new Bachmann products as as accurate as any out there... I mean... I'm a FAN!  Now... my HO railroad has a 2-10-2- a new Proto 2000- numbered 2937... a proper 2-10-2 number.  And a Heavy 4-8-2 Mountain...#2981.  The text is also quite large- about 40% too large.  But you really missed the boat on the "N" scale mountain.  A clean slate and you blew it!  Those I.C. 4-8-2s should be numbered in the 2500s, but you could get away with 2400s or even 2600s.  So pleeeeeeeeeaase.. Mister Bach-mann...  Make these bee-yoo-ti-ful new steam locomotives correct!  It absolutely is no easier to make 'em incorrectly!!

daniel_leavitt2000

I belive much of the paint research is done at the factory. They made a BIG boo-boo on the HO Conrail E44s (they got the engine lenth logo backwatds!). Their painting has improved recently, but their research could use some help.

Williamson

well it has the wrong tender for a USRA Heavy Mountain for starters. But the locomotive itself is a beauty as I hear. Hopefully in future runs Bachmann will correct the goofs.