News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

FORNEY

Started by steve hilbert, March 21, 2007, 10:28:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve hilbert

HI from the UK. I have just purchased a  second hand forney with sound ...
All is fine except the trailing truck is adrift...
Any ideas how this is attached?   Sorry if its an obvious Q but im quite new to this game...

0n30nutz

The rear truck certainly is adrift...it is made that way to negotiate tight curves I presume...if you look at the exploded diagramyou will see how it is attatched to the deck/frame...

Happy Railroading

Howard

If it ain't steam, it ain't
If it ain't steam, it ain't...

David(UK)

Explain "adrift".
As new, the trailing truck fits fits into a slotted cross beam and floats across the width of the loco to allow use of a smaller radius.
The truck itself can be pulled off its mounting fixture and will be left hanging by a thread ( literally! ) although this thread is the pick-up wire from the trucks to the Decoder.
If your truck appears to be adrift as per the last explanation, then all that is needed is to grasp loco upside down in one hand and apply firm pressure in the centre of the truck with the other hand push the truck back on to it its mounting spigot. Just watch the pick-up wire feeds up through the spring centre and into the Tender without getting trapped anywhere,
Regards
David(UK)
Rail Baron of Leeds

atm763003(uk)

Not quite as simple as the last post. I to purchased a Forney and the trailing truck had come adrift. Had to remove the coal bunker, circuit board and speaker plate to be able to push the fittings together.

Regards
Allan