News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann Repair

Started by johnd, February 16, 2008, 01:30:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnd

Anyone have a wild guess on how long it takes Bachmann's Service Dept. to repair a locomotive????

Sent one in and  just kind of wondering how long it normally takes.

jring528

I received mine back in 5 weeks.I was told 6-8 weeks .

az2rail

Same here, six weeks. Bruce
If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either.

SteamGene

It depends on the time of year.  After Christmas, at least two months.  Later, much faster.
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

Yampa Bob

Bach-man.
I earlier responded with turnaround based on my previous experiences.  but my post was removed .  Did I say something wrong? 

Bob
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

the Bach-man

Dear Bob,
I didn't see a post- this is the first I've been on today.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

Yampa Bob

Mr Bach-man
Thanks for your prompt reply.   Could be my post and another had a collision.  I just hit the post button and went for coffee.

I thought about calling service with my next question, but others might like the answer also.

I prefer repairing my locos myself, which I am capable of doing if I have the part. After a lot of fine tuning and customizing, I don't want them replaced.  Your locos all come with an excellent exploded drawing with all the part numbers.  I realize service can't possibly stock everything, but can I order specific parts when needed?  I assume I can or the part numbers wouldn't be listed.

I also like to keep on hand a few critical parts like wiper assemblies and don't mind waiting for the boat to come in. 

I have several running Connies, GPs and 70s, but have spares on the shelf for the sole purpose of parts scavenging to avoid down times,  then replace the part(s) later.  I certainly don't recommend everyone doing this, I am just fortunate to be one of those "If it can be taken apart I can fix it" provided parts are available.

Thanks
Bob
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

the Bach-man

Dear Bob,
Talk to the folks n service. If they have the parts, and you both agree you can perform the repair, they'll send them.
Have fun!
the Bach-man