News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann Spectrum Passenger Cars

Started by rallygsc, February 19, 2008, 11:48:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ApproachMedium

I regsitered so I could post this. I absoltuly cant stand the current heavyweight spectrium coaches. The first generation cars seemed to not have the problem I am having with mine. Mine the wheels drop so far into the trucks they cant roll over switches without banging into the frogs and shorting out the layout. I sent them back to bachmann and they gave me brand new cars, with the exact same problem! If anyone is unsure of which cars these are its both the PRR heavyweights with the 3 axle trucks, and the PRR heavyweights with 2 axle trucks, both with blackend type wheels. I just took them apart today to see if maybe i could tighten up the sideframes like i was told you could with the older models, to my surprise there is nothing more than 3 pins holding hte sideframes onto the top of the truck. on 2 axle models. 3 axles have screws so tiny i can just about see them. So now that the truck is apart, it doesnt go back together without falling apart!

Any thoughts, ideas, suggestions? I sent bachamnn an email about my issue the day I got the cars back, with no response. Im very upset about this having gotten them for a gift and not able to use them since I got them christmas time.