News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann Spectrum Passenger Cars

Started by rallygsc, February 19, 2008, 11:48:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rallygsc

;DHi Everyone

I really like the Bachmann spectrum passenger cars, but one of my problems is the lack of a few cars in each consist,

I am wandering why didn't bachmann make baggage cars or sleepers for their spectrum sets?.

also why didn't bachmann make more Norfolk and Western cars?.

the cavalier set is a nice set for the price, but none of the stores I have talked to carry extra cars in the Norfolk and Western markings.

sure you could buy another train set, but the cars would have the same roadnumbers.

I know walthers sells the other cars and the paint is close, but why didn't bachmann bother to do this in the first place.

and one last idea, hey Bachmann make a spectrum Nickel Plate Road Passenger set, the heavyweights would look cool.

take care
George

Santa Fe buff

Nickel Plate looks cool-you know- rough and simple looking- I like the design, I would like to see a Nickel plate engine, w/ caboose.
- Joshua Bauer

Dr EMD

Quote from: Santa Fe buff on February 19, 2008, 07:02:42 PM
Nickel Plate looks cool-you know- rough and simple looking- I like the design, I would like to see a Nickel plate engine, w/ caboose.

Do you know what the Bachmann HO Standard Line 2-8-4 is based on?
Electro-Motive Historical Research
(Never employed by EMD at any time)

BaltoOhioRRfan

I hate to say it but the Bachmann Spectrum Passenger Cars(Heavyweights) have been discontinued. They are not listed in the Bachmann price list for 2008.
Emily C.
BaltoOhioRRFan
B&O - America's #1 Railroad.

My Collection on FB - https://www.facebook.com/EmilysModelRailroad
My Collection on YouTube = https://www.youtube.com/user/BORRF

Pacific Northern

Quote from: BaltoOhioRRfan on February 20, 2008, 02:08:29 PM
I hate to say it but the Bachmann Spectrum Passenger Cars(Heavyweights) have been discontinued. They are not listed in the Bachmann price list for 2008.

What! Has this been confirmed? Is Bachmann going to have another passenger line available, such as the later smoothside/corrigated coaches? Note they are still listed on the Product portion of this web page.

Pacific Northern

Guilford Guy

They seemed to be good sellers too?!
Maybe its only temporary, like the 2-10-0's...
Maybe Rapido will enter the heavyweight business as well since they had success with the "Super Continentals."
Alex

BaltoOhioRRfan

i have an 08 Cataloge at my desk in work. The passenger cars ARE NOT in the book. I hear a rumor the molds broke or something like that.
Emily C.
BaltoOhioRRFan
B&O - America's #1 Railroad.

My Collection on FB - https://www.facebook.com/EmilysModelRailroad
My Collection on YouTube = https://www.youtube.com/user/BORRF

Pacific Northern

Quote from: BaltoOhioRRfan on February 23, 2008, 11:10:24 PM
i have an 08 Cataloge at my desk in work. The passenger cars ARE NOT in the book. I hear a rumor the molds broke or something like that.

All of the molds?
Strange,

A question for the
Bachmann

Pacific Northern

Clear Block

Are the Passenger Cars that come in the explored and keystone sets modeled after the PRR P70 commuter coach?

the Bach-man

Dear All,
We are redoing certain tools, including the coach.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

SteamGene

The Standard 2-8-4 is a Van Swerigen (sp) model, essentially NKP or PM.  The C&O version does not have the footboard pilot that the Kanawha has.  It's possible that when the C&O absorbed the PM, they didn't retro fit footboard pilots, but then the numbers would be wrong.

Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

Guilford Guy

Quote from: the Bach-man on February 28, 2008, 12:12:22 AM
Dear All,
We are redoing certain tools, including the coach.
Have fun!
the Bach-man
Does that mean more detail? Are they going to have a different shape?
Alex

Pacific Northern

One of the LHS has brought in on consignment (estate) a set of the pre-Spectrum passenger cars. They appear to be quite detailed. Does anyone have these cars and what do you think of them?
Pacific Northern

Santa Fe buff

That means they are likely to be redoing the coach series. Likely to be adding or taking away certain items from the coaches- which causes them to be scarce....
Oh, and yes. I did see the Nickel Plate Steam engines. I would buy some- If I had money....More like not enough.
- Joshua Bauer

Guilford Guy

I doubt they would remove items. With the new spectrum push, they may be updating them by adding detail to keep them in the standard line. I don't know if they are influenced by competition from Rapido.
Alex