News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Dummy Knuckle Couplers

Started by usmc1953, February 17, 2008, 04:23:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

usmc1953

My layout is in N Scale. All of my motive power is Bachmann. Most all of my rolling stock(freight cars) is Bachmann. Recently Bachmann Customer Service advised me that they were going from Rapido Couplers to Dummy Knuckle. I just purchased one of their train sets which has the Dummy Knuckle. I would like to switch some of my freight cars from Rapido to Dummy Knuckle. My eyesight is not that good any more, so, working with really small parts is almost out of the question. I have noted that Bachmann produces, or has available, product #42533(Dummy Knuckle Coupler Truck Assembly w\oWheels) so, my question is: Has any one dealt with these and is it easier to make the switch as I think it might be?? Any help will be sincerely appreciated. Thank you.

DJ

GlennW

I'm hoping the #42533 set will be the easiest swap. Change the trucks, then changeout the wheels. At my Hobby Lobby, I've seen a few cars released with the new Knuckle Coupler. All you need is a good Philips screwdriver to swap out the trucks.

I'd like to see Bachmann or the etailers advise the cars that have the new Knuckle couplers or the older Rapido style.

AFAIK the Bachmann knuckle couplers s/b similar to the Unimates in being twist on & twist out of the coupler box.

usmc1953

Thank you all for responding to my dilema. I truly believd that you have helped me solve my problem.