News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Rivarossi FEF-3 UP #840

Started by hotrainlover, April 23, 2007, 07:39:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hotrainlover

Dear All,
Has anyone put a decoder in this engine?  It has a 8 pin connector.  Is there any decoders to NOT use?  I use the Bachmann EZ-Dcc system.  If that matters...  or not :)

Thanks for the info....

Lee

Nigel

What do you want the decoder to do?

Make a list of the desired functions and features you want, then pick a decoder that fits.
Nigel
N&W 1950 - 1955

ivaraas

You dont have very much place to put a decoder.
I have put a Tsunami Heavy Steam decoder and speaker in the tender.
I made a looong wireharness on the 8 pin plugg. Use the orginal 8 pin in the engine and put the wire under the plastiv body. and back to the cab and over to the tender. Hardwired the decoder there. Did this with two FEF-3. I have put a Soundtraxx cam on one of the last drivewheel, and get synkronized sound.

Ivar Aas
Norway
Ivar Aas

President of the
Atlantic And Superior Railroad.
Norway

hotrainlover

Nigel,
I just want to be able to turn lights (fore and aft), on/off.  Control speed and change directions.  Is there a particular # of functions "required" to do this?  Do you need 2 functions to turn lights on AND off?(for example?)  Or does it need to just one per operation?  Would I need only a 4 function decoder, or 6 to do this?  I will not be adding sound anytime soon....or never :-\

Ivarass,
Do you have pictures of what you did for sound?  Please contact me off-forum if you can on how you installed this :) 

Thanks again, for the help!

hotrainlover

Thanks for all the info on this thread.  I bought the Bachmann decoders, but they are too big, and would NOT fit in the hatch.  I had to settle for A Digitraxx N scale decoder. I used the bachmanns in other trains!!

Thanks again!

hotrainlover