EZ track turnout extension wires

Started by Tom McDonald, April 20, 2008, 08:38:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom McDonald

Hi to all.

I'm looking to gang all of my EZ track turnout controllers in one control area.  Consequently I am looking to buy some of those green EZ track 10' wiring extensions (part# 44598).  My question is; Do they come with connectors on both ends so I can just extend the 3 wires already wired to the turnout, or do I have to remove the short existing green wires and hard-wire the extender back at the switch?
Any info would be appreciated.

Tom

Yampa Bob

Tom
I have a couple of the extensions, they have a male plug on one end and a female plug on the other. They will plug into your existing turnout wire/plugs and your switches, giving you a total length of about 12 feet.

I'm sure other "helpers" on the forum agree with me when I say, your question was very direct and easy to understand, and you even included the part number.  It is easier to give answers when we understand the questions.  Good job and good luck.

Bob
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

Tom McDonald

Bob,

Thanks for the answer.  I'm going to order about 10 of them this week.

I'm an electrical design engineer by trade so I believe in "inputting" as much information as possible to a problem so a proper solution can be found.   Thank you again for your kind comments.

Tom

Yampa Bob

Tom

My suspicions are now confirmed.  I am a Solar electric designer, so we share the same views about exchanging information.  You can be a valued contributor to the forum so visit often. 

By the way, 50 years ago my electronic mentor was a local tv repairman named McDonald.   Small world huh? 

Have fun

Bob

pdlethbridge

Yampa Bob

No, it was Ronald's grandpa Wilbur.  Back then you could buy a large cheeseburger, fries and a shake for less than a dollar (99 cents). I remember when they sold their first million burgers.

Only you could change a thread from turnouts to hamburgers.  Don't you have something better to do?  :D  Oh well, at least Tom got his answer.

You seem pretty frisky these days for a duffer.  Perhaps a new prescription?  Nice thing about being a Veteran, all my drugs are free, and legal.  So now you know.

Bob

pdlethbridge

I'm a vet too, Navy, worked in the boiler room on the Essex and Wasp. The friskiness comes from the weird sleep schedule. I'm on a 25 hour day. I use to spend my hard earned money at Carroll's, remember them before they became Burger King

Yampa Bob

When I was stationed in Detroit, there was a burger place called White Castle, sold 10 cent burgers.  Every night one of us went on a burger run.  Imagine the look on their faces when we ordered 200 burgers.  :o

Joe Satnik

Dear Bob and Leth (and any other veterans reading this reply),

Thank you for your service to our country.

Sincerely,

Joe Satnik

Should we start a Memorial Day thread?
If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.

Yampa Bob

Thanks Joe

It would be interesting to have members post their military experiences.  I usually associate Memorial Day for our buddies who didn't come home.  Out here we celebrate Veteran's day in a big way, with the restaurants giving free meals for Vets, and the service organizations put on huge banquets.   

Bob