News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

JAM Creations/Solutions

Started by SteamGene, April 16, 2008, 09:00:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteamGene

Does anybody know anything about the JAM Creations/Solutions track cleaning cars? 
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

SteamGene

I guess they are an unknown item.
Gene
Chief Brass Hat

Hunt

Gene,
I have seen the JAM Solutions Inc track cleaner on an Athearn GP40-2 (??) locomotive in use. The track curves did not produce the desirable rotation of the pad to obtain entire pad use.

This track cleaner product  was of little interest to me as, you may recall, I am from the school of thought that abrasive cleaning does as much, if not more harm, than good. Besides there should rarely be a need to use abrasive cleaning on nickel silver rail.

SteamGene

Hunt, their new cleaner is mounted in either a 70 ton covered hopper or a 100 ton open hopper.  It appears to have cloth pads as might wipe up behind a car with alcohol.  I ASSUME that the pads rotate from the car movement in some manner. 
Gene
Chief Brass Hat

Hunt

Quote from: SteamGene on April 22, 2008, 06:20:22 PM
Hunt, their new cleaner is mounted in either a 70 ton covered hopper or a 100 ton open hopper.  It appears to have cloth pads as might wipe up behind a car with alcohol.  I ASSUME that the pads rotate from the car movement in some manner. 
Gene
Gene, Product does have both replacement abrasive and felt cleaning disks.
If the design has not changed the disk rotation is dependant on the track curves.