News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

TaF Connectors

Started by Roofus143, March 04, 2010, 10:58:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roofus143

I recently pulled out all my HO sets from when I was younger, they've been boxed up for 25+ years.  Because of that, many of my engines and controllers didn't work.  Since i was doing this for my 2 year old, and to not disappoint him, we went to the local hobby store and picked up a Bachmann set; small track, controller, 1 engine.  Just enough to excite my youngin.

Anyway, i've been looking at the "Thomas and Friends" series of HO and I'm curious about the connectors on the engines and cars; they look different.  So my question is, if I purchase a Thomas engine, will he be able to pull my other cars, new or old? 

Thanks,

Roofus

James The Red Engine

Hello,
The Thomas & Friends line uses international hook and loop couplers.  These are quite different than the Knuckle or Horn-Hook couplers.  You could try to add hook and loop couplers to your older trains, but that's just a guess.  What kind of cars and locos are we working with here? :-\

-James

SodorAdventures

Hello,
Yes, I wouls agree with james the red Engine. You can also purchase bachmann thomas and friends rolling stock intsted of purchasing all new couplers. If you would like the couplers, they are avalible on this website in the order parts tab, you should be able to find your way from there.
Happy Railroading! :)

-Sodoradventures(Tanner)
Are you ready for Dover Valley's Facelift?

Visit our official site for more info:
                    http://www.sodoradventuresonline.com

Cheeky_ULP

If you've had the set for over 25 years, it's without a doubt a Hornby set. Bachmann didn't get make Thomas models til around 2000. :P

Anthony P2

he didn't say it was a hornby set, because the thomas couplers would work with it. he said that the couplers on his old trains wouldn't be able to connect to the thomas range.