News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Spectrum Locos

Started by Cody J, May 11, 2008, 05:10:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cody J

Whats the difference between Spectrum and "non-spectrum" ?

-Cody L. Jackson

Go Trains
CSX Mt. Storm Subdivision- Freemont, West Virginia

http://s277.photobucket.com/albums/kk49/trainsrock96/

Guilford Guy

More detail, better drive...
Alex

Yampa Bob

I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

rogertra

Spectrum = Not junk and, at least for steam, excellent quality.

Non-Spectrum = You guess.  (The old moniker "Botchman" comes to mind)

SteamGene

New Standard is quite good. 
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

PhilipCal

In a word, Quality. I have several Spectrum locomotives, steam and diesel. Excellent performers.

richG

I have only one, the Richmond 4-4-0 with DCC/sound. Wonderful detail and running characteristics.
The detail is much better than my new Roundhouse steamers, though the Roundhouse are also excellant runners.

Rich

Conrail Quality

Standard line is pretty varied. The newer releases are very good for the price, but the old ones are updated 1980's designs, and still have holdovers from the original tooling (like the molded-on hand grabs and wipers on the E60).

Timothy
Timothy

Still waiting for an E33 in N-scale

falast

I currently own one Spectrum Steam LOCO which includes Tsunami sound.  I am looking at the Spectrum Conrail Diesel Product number 82717.  My question is: Do all Spectrum models come equipped with Tsunami sound on board?  When I compare the price of the Spectrum Conrail Diesel to my Steam Loco it is much cheaper which makes be question if it has sound.  If it does not come with sound can anyone tell me if a Tsunami board can be plugged in?
Thank you,

Conrail Quality

Some Bachmann Spectrum steam locomotives come equipped with sound, but no Bachmann diesel or electric comes with sound preinstalled. I do not use sound, so I cannot tell you whether or a Tsunami board can be installed, but I do know that it will take some work to be fit a speaker into the locomotive, since you will not have the convinience of having a tender.

Timothy
Timothy

Still waiting for an E33 in N-scale