My Review of the Bachmann 2-8-4 C&O Kanawaha & 4-4-0 Richmond

Started by BaltoOhioRRfan, May 18, 2008, 05:01:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BaltoOhioRRfan

First off I converted mine to DC using included plugs, and was using Bachmann EZ-Track with 28 Radius and i think #6 Turnouts(can't remember)

Bachmann 2-8-4 Kanawaha 2724
Runs i'd say 5MPH as its lowest speed (I have no real way of telling i'm just eyeing it)

I had it pulling a coal drag of 23 Athearn 34' Hoppers(would have been 24 but the one wouldnt stay coupled)+ a Walthers C&O Caboose Even up a slight grade(probably 1% as my house is unlevel) Showed no slipping(atleast if there was it wasn't noticeable)

I give it 4 stars, Could be slightly more detailed but worth the $80 i spent on it. Pulls fine, i recommened over the Proto 2000 Kanawaha

Compeition Berkshire/Kanwaha
Life Like Proto 2000 Kanawaha Slipped when I last ran it with 15 cars. I spent $182 on it I give it 2 Stars

4-4-0 Richmond Southern "Selma"

Runs about 5 MPH Slow speed(i have no real way of telling i'm just eyeing it)

Pulled way more then I thought it would. Pulled my Milk Train of 12 Roundhouse Milk Cars and 1 Bachmann Bobber Caboose. Showed some slipping when first getting started(I should probably eased on the throttle, i took it to 50% Power in one swift move) once i eased off the throttle and lowered the power it started gripping and for some odd reason(i haven't figured it out but i have an idea) when it starts going down the grade it would just stop and drivers still going(may have been a dip in the track as i found it after testing the American)while pulling the 12 Milk cars.

I give it 5 Stars, greatly detailed and pulls great.

I Can't rate competion as there is really none except the IHC 4-4-0 American "Modern" (Roundhouse is a Middle 4-4-0) which I do not own. I Only own a few Rivarossi/AHM/IHC 4-4-0 Old Timers

I have video eveidence that theses tests took place but due to very bad quality i will not post (avalible upon request on AIM however). My SN is BaltoOhioRRFan

Emily C.
BaltoOhioRRFan
B&O - America's #1 Railroad.

My Collection on FB - https://www.facebook.com/EmilysModelRailroad
My Collection on YouTube = https://www.youtube.com/user/BORRF

richG

I have the HO  Richmond 4-4-0 and the HO Roundhouse 4-4-0. The Roundhouse can pull at least four more cars than the Richmond. The two rear drivers on my  Roundhouse locos have traction tires as do the Roundhouse 2-6-0 and 2-8-0. The Richmond is definitely better looking.
All my locos have the Micro-Tsunami and run on DCC.

Rich