News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

DC locos

Started by Daylight4449, May 17, 2008, 08:32:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daylight4449

Does anyone know where i can get spectrum in only dc? I don't need the dcc as I am a big user of the dc block wireing system.

kevin2083

All the bachmann DCC locos will run fine on DC- they just have a higher starting vlotage than one without a decoder.

Kevin
______
|_____|
0|||||0   
||'-#'||

richG

From what I have learned so far, if the loco is a Tsunami equipped loco you need a DCC system to "enable" the DC function, at least in the steamers. I have one with the Tsunami. Yes, I agree, that does not make sense.
Click on Product Reference, Diagrams, Spectrum, HO and you will see which locos are “DCC ready” which means they will run on DC with no intervention by the user.
I just bought a Spectrum HO scale 44 ton diesel, DCC ready and it operates on DC with no problems.
I do not know about the "DCC equipped" engines with no sound.

Make sure it says "DCC ready" and you will be ok.

Rich

Daylight4449

i have one dcc loco, a warbonet and it runs on dc fine.

richG

Quote from: Daylight4449 on May 17, 2008, 11:35:20 AM
i have one dcc loco, a warbonet and it runs on dc fine.

I guess you just answered your own question.

Rich

Daylight4449

yeah i only asked because they are a lot more expensive and i have never tried a sound one on dc. i have a very limited budget.

richG

Here is an ebay seller that is very good. I have bought from him. He sells New locos and has very good customer service.
http://search.stores.ebay.com/THE-FAVORITE-SPOT_spectrum-ho_W0QQfcdZ2QQfciZ0QQfclZ3QQfsnZTHEQ20FAVORITEQ20SPOTQQfsooZ1QQfsopZ1QQsaselZ13534603QQsofpZ0

If you do buy, make sure it is "DCC Ready".

I bid for a 44 ton diesel DCC Ready and got it for $30.00 including shipping.
"Buy it now" is a few dollars more.

At least you can dream.
Good luck.

Rich