News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Spectrum DD40AX

Started by GN.2-6-8-0, May 14, 2008, 09:50:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GN.2-6-8-0

Friend of mine has a pair of the Spectrum DD40AXs Numbers 81302 & 81306 that need traction tires replaced. He has the parts (tires & tool) but worries about removing the truck sideframes.
Looking at them I saw two pins on each sideframe ....will these just pull out or are they glued in? He doesn't wish to break trhe pin or frames getting them off...
Rocky Lives

Daylight4449

I don't kut i have a spectrum now if this is the same bloody nose diesel with 6 wheels per truck. I belive it was one of the sd's and al 4 truck side fraes are gone from simply falling off two days after i bought it. i was heart broken considdering even though i only have 1 of its cupolars, no handrails and o horns, (Talk about bad luck!) i want to use it in a lash up. So my point is I don't think it is glued.

Mike

Funny- I have the HO Spectrum DD40AXs Numbers 81304 & 81307. Neither of them have traction tires. And the side frames don't have to be removed to get to the wheels. Just spring off the lower guard of each truck by gently prying the tab on the inside end of the truck. The wheels can then be removed and replaced with ease. - Mike

r0bert

I also have four different numbers of the Spectrum DDA40X, none of which have traction tires.
Are you sure they are not the old standard line with one powered truck and pancake motor?

GN.2-6-8-0

Good question,as I said these belong to a friend and I did see they came in the Spectrum black boxs,though I had 2nd thoughts on one because the color was way off being more Orange than the Armour Yellow of the other U.P unit.
Will have my friend remove the shells and see whats 'what....If they have but a single power truck that mystery will be solved
Rocky Lives