News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Scratch Building

Started by Signalman, May 18, 2008, 09:59:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Signalman

G'day All.  ;D Would anyone know where I can download free A4 sheets of Brick, Timber, Galvinised Iron, Stone, Concrete, and the like, full scale so they can be printed on my printer, and be able to be glued to scratch built buildings that I make from Balsa wood. I have no idea what you can these sheets.

Thanks.

Col.

r.cprmier

To begin with, I am not familiar with this A4 business.  There are a lot of information sources on web.  If you want some really nice reproduction of building mateials, sites, etc, try purchasing the "Railroad Graphics) CDROM set.  It is less than $40 US and will fill the bill in a lot of applications.  Otherwise, there are other sites on the web.
Scratchbuilding is an acquired art, and learning from books is only guidline basis at best; the rest comes from hands-on experience.
Try going to Scott Mason's site (Try your provider) for some good information.  He is somehow in cahoots with Bob VanGelder/South River Models.  Both men are extremely talented.

The Old Reprobate
Rich

NEW YORK NEW HAVEN & HARTFORD RR. CO.
-GONE, BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

Signalman

G'day. A4 is a size of paper we use over here in Australia. Usually (210 × 297 mm). Many thanks for your help. Will keep looking on the net.

Col.

Yampa Bob

Software is available, but I believe it's about $45 US.

http://www.modeltrainsoftware.com/
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

Rangerover

I'm looking for the same thing! Jim

r.cprmier

Railroad Graphics

LARC products
PO Box 342; Jamesville, NY, 13078

www.geocities.com/larcproducts

The Old Reprobate
Rich

NEW YORK NEW HAVEN & HARTFORD RR. CO.
-GONE, BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

rogertra

If you're not familiar with "A4" sized paper, look it up on Google.

Outside North America, it's what the world uses.