News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Mr. Bachmann

Started by alex wittman, May 25, 2008, 11:18:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alex wittman

I have just put in the mail my spectrum union pacific steam locomotive because the tender just started smocking when i wanted it to run, I have taken very good care of it too, when it comes in the mail can you check the tender and see what went wrong? thank you very much.

p.s. i do not know what steam loco it is so see a package with my name on it.

Guilford Guy

"The Bachmann" does not work in the repair department, so he will not know. You'll probably get a new one back sometime in the future...
Alex

the Bach-man

Dear Alex,
I'm sure the folks in service will be able to diagnose the problem.
In the future, however, I'd suggest calling before you send your loco.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

SteamGene

Mr. Bachmann, speaking of parts/service, is there anything you can do about getting them to make a run of JUST Delta trailing trucks?  It appears the individual tenders sell well.  You've heard the number of people just on this board who would buy Deltas; I'm sure we could be multiplied by a factor of 50.
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

alex wittman

sorry for not calling, my train club members told me to write what happened and put it in the box with the engine, they did not say to call, but in the note if you need to contact me I put my cell phone number on their if one of your employees need to contact me. but i am sorry Mr. Bachmann, just to let you know I know your awesome at model railroading. model railroading forever!

r.cprmier

Gene;
I may be all wet here, but it really isn't Lee Riley or Johann who would make these available-I think they would if for no other reason, then just out of good will.  It is the manufacturers.  They have already prospected their profit/losses, and I am sure that entails the plausibility of going out of their way just to provide an excess of a parts run.

They are not in the business in the same capacity as say, Cal-Scale, or Precision, and probably have no desire to ape those others in structure.  There idea, I presume, is to produce a limited number of finished product in a particular line.  THIS is where they make their profit; in the efficiency and compactness of a project.

I am sorry to say this, as I like the quality Bachmann generally puveys; but it does make a lot of sense, and if you think about it, I think you will agree.  In my profession, if someone wants to make changes in their home electrical plan, it will cost them-up front!  No exceptions!  That is how business is done, and Bachmann would be subject to the same hassle, because Kader, etc, is in it to make money-really big money-and they do.
Therefore, in that light I think Bachmann is in the position you see with this subject. 

The Old Reprobate
Rich

NEW YORK NEW HAVEN & HARTFORD RR. CO.
-GONE, BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

Hunt

Rich,

Why use Johann if you mean the Bach-man? With its history and source to use Johann isn't witty.

"Johann" for the Bach_man was first used sometime ago as a slur hidden under a veil of debatable humor.

r.cprmier

Hunt;
Where've you been?  I have been calling "the Bachmann"  "Johann" for a couple of years; picked it up from TOC, so blame him...

The Old Reprobate
Rich

NEW YORK NEW HAVEN & HARTFORD RR. CO.
-GONE, BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

Yampa Bob

I'm still looking for a few "Baker" trailing trucks, the all metal ones that I was told came on one of the Mountains. 

Speaking of parts, I have 4 connies that came missing the valve stem and rods for the Stephenson gear.  I called service and was told I wasn't the only one.  The parts are shown in the original catalog picture, but apparently never made. 

Oh well, I don't mind since I can't see well enough anymore to worry about it.  :D
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.