News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann GP50 Norf/Sth.Changeover Body

Started by Sunshine Express, June 07, 2008, 05:34:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sunshine Express

I bought a Bachmsnn GP50 Diesel last year,to clear a credit I had with a Hobby Shop.
For my 8x4 Layout I needed a 2truck model and with DCC. My choice was very limited and a decision was made quickly. Hence the N/Sth, model . I would have preferred either UP,SP,SFe,but these may not run GP50's,
Does anyone know what other diesel bodies I could look for,that would fit over this Bachmann unit .Where could I buy one ? I go to buy&sells frequently,and spare bodies are nearly always on sale,which would be OK if I new what my choices were ?
Owen C Robinson

kevin2083

The Bachmann GP40 and GP50 shells fit on the same frame
______
|_____|
0|||||0   
||'-#'||

Conrail Quality

The Bachmann U36B shell should fit as well.

Timothy
Timothy

Still waiting for an E33 in N-scale

Sunshine Express

Thanks Kevin and Timothy. Now the hard question. Would any Athearn bodies fit this Bachmann GP50 ?. They are prolific at Buy&Sells,don't mind a little fiddling .
Owen C Robinson

kevin2083

Athearn's GP shellls won't fit on a B-mann frame without modification. The Athearn shell has 4 mounting tabs that would need to be removed, and either the frame or the shell would have to be filed down at the ends to make it fit. B-mann mounts couplers on the shell, while Athearn mounts couplers on the frame, so there sould be a little work there, too. Putting an Athearn shell on a Bachmann frame could take a little time, but it could be done.
______
|_____|
0|||||0   
||'-#'||