News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Installing a decoder

Started by lilwaffleboy, June 15, 2008, 04:55:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lilwaffleboy

Hi everyone! I just bought a bachmann E-Z Command decoder with and NMRA plug for my acela express. However, I do not know how to open up the acela or how to plug the decoder in. Am I even using the right decoder?  ??? HELP ME PLEASE! I love my new acela and want to get dcc in it!

Thanks,
    lilwaffleboy

Conrail Quality

First, take the nose off. Next, take the bottom plate/plow off. Both of thess should just snap off. Then, locate the two little shell extensions in the back of the power car that curve underneath it. Gently spread those apart, and you should be able to lift the shell off the chassis. After that, just take out the dummy plug and install the decoder of your choice; there is plenty of room for a decoder. In case you didn't know, there is also a plug in the dummy power car in case you want to control the headlights/tailights via DCC. Dissasembly is the same for both the powered and dummy versions.

Timothy
Timothy

Still waiting for an E33 in N-scale

lilwaffleboy

Thank you! When I install the decoder, will the headlights and tail lights be directional? Right now, I have the E-Z Command system and am running it on the 10th address in analog mode, and all of the lights are on no matter what. The tail lights are always on, and the headlights are always on. Will my decoder solve the problem? I just had to ask that because I am busy until tuesday, so I can't get started on installing the decoder yet, but I am very excited! Thanks again for all your help!