News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Overland 50' coaches

Started by Pacific Northern, June 19, 2008, 06:48:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pacific Northern

I just received a set of these coaches made by Roundhouse (Athearn) . Nice coaches, good detail, track well.

I have been replacing my passenger cars which were mainly Rivarossi and Spectrum full size coaches with shorter coaches that suite my layout.

Too much overhang with those large coaches as my layout is mainly 22" radius with a few 18" curves in some places. I am slowly learning to live with the limitations of my layout. Will mothball those full size coaches for the next layout as well as my larger steamers for that matter.

I was surprised  that when I placed the set on my layout next to another train with a set of the 60' Rivarossi coaches that the coaches are nearly the same length.

I had never even thought about what the 50' length referred to specifically.

I assumed that the 50' length was the entire/overall length of the coach, not so.  It refers to the passenger cabin only and does not include the open vestibules found at each end of the coaches.

I am not complaining, merely an observation.

Pacific Northern

Yampa Bob

I'm glad you found a set. Athearn just announced 3 new sets of Overlands scheduled for November delivery.  One of them is Rio Grande in yellow, I have it on pre-order.
The other 2 are Canadian National and Central Pacific.

I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

richG

Santa Fe buff

I'm signed up for the newletters.
- Joshua Bauer

richG

I signed up at least two years ago. Keeps me informed.

Eich

Santa Fe buff

Quote from: richG on June 20, 2008, 04:33:23 PM
I signed up at least two years ago. Keeps me informed.

Eich

That's why I also signed up for Broadway limited Imports, Atlas, and Bachmann's too.
- Joshua Bauer

Pacific Northern

Pacific Northern

Santa Fe buff

Quote from: Pacific Northern on June 20, 2008, 05:41:47 PM
Here is the link to the newsletter

http://www.athearn.com/Newsletter/061708/26_RND_Overland_061708.jpg

Other's or some people would say that's advertisting, but I've advertisted so much, I'm still surprised I'm on Bachmann. I can't really link that to anyone, because all my train friends are signed up.
- Joshua Bauer