News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

My Christmas trolley? Reversing?

Started by skypup, January 30, 2013, 12:34:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skypup

??? My wife gave me a Bachmann trolley and a reversing track set. I ran it on the floor on christmas and it worked fine. I relocated it to a counter top and now it will only run in one direction. The letters on the bottom of the tracks correspond the way they are suppose to. Does anyone know what I might be doing wrong? Thanks for the help.

sd24b

Quote from: skypup on January 30, 2013, 12:34:15 PM
??? My wife gave me a Bachmann trolley and a reversing track set. I ran it on the floor on christmas and it worked fine. I relocated it to a counter top and now it will only run in one direction. The letters on the bottom of the tracks correspond the way they are suppose to. Does anyone know what I might be doing wrong? Thanks for the help.
does it make a sound or do anything when going the other direction? 

jward

youcan at least determine whether the problem is the trolley or the track. turn the trolley around and see if it runs in reverse. if it doesn't then you should look at the drive to see what is keeeping it from going in reverse. there may be dirt or grit in the gears, carpet fibre or cat hair wrapped around the axle. or possibly something in the drive came unseated.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

0-4-2_14xx

If it is a reversing loop set it only works with a Dcc system and a dcc locomotive