News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann's New Site Format

Started by chuff_n_puff, June 17, 2008, 07:08:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chuff_n_puff

Bach Man,
I love Bachmann's new site format, but have a couple of questions. What do I have to do to see the home page videos? I've lowered my settings for accepting Java, but it just still keeps locked in search mode without opening video. Also I wasn't aware Bachmann had been around 175 years! I would like to see some phots or clips of their beginning days!

Jim Banner

Don't hold your breath waiting for the video clips.  One hundred seventy-five years ago was 1833 which was 14 years before Edison was born and 58 years before his work on the kinescope.

Daguerreotypes came along in about 1939, so there is some chance of extant photographs taken only a few years after Bachmann's inception.

I don't know why the the Home Page (USA Home Page, I assume) "video" will not start on your computer.  I found if very frustrating because it would not stop on mine.  I finally figured out that you had to click on the pause icon (two vertical parallel lines) to make it stop on any one of the four featured products long enough to read the descriptions.  I was expecting some sort of mouse over or click-on-the-image type of thing.   
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

Paul M.

Believe it or not, Bachmann started out in 1833 selling turtle-shell combs....

-Paul
[
www.youtube.com/texaspacific

the Bach-man

Dear Chuff,
I use Firefox, and the animations work without my having done anything. Check out the posts regarding cookies under General Topics. This may help.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

Santa Fe buff

Quote from: Paul M. on June 19, 2008, 10:57:08 PM

And canes! It's all on wikipedia.
- Joshua Bauer

GN.2-6-8-0

Rocky Lives

Daylight4449

Shay Fan

Quote from: Santa Fe buff on June 20, 2008, 06:07:13 PM
Quote from: Paul M. on June 19, 2008, 10:57:08 PM

And canes! It's all on wikipedia.

Wikipedia also says that Bachmann doubled the MSRP of its products.  Is that true?

the Bach-man

Dear Shay Fan,
No, not true. While Wiki is a useful resource, there is also a great deal of user-posted misinformation.
As material and transportation costs rise, so too will hobby prices. I'm afraid it's unavoidable. But no manufacturer, as far as I know, has doubled MSRPs.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

Shay Fan

Thanks Bach-man, that's good to know. :)