News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Shay problem

Started by Blind Bruce, May 30, 2008, 12:59:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blind Bruce

When I finally got my Shay a couple of months ago, It would not pull itself around my circular  test track. I discovered that only one of the trucks was connected to the motor (the front one) I sent it off to Bachmann and 7 weeks later it came back worse than before. Now, in addition to the original problem, the center U joint has fallen out and doesn't want to go back and the front truck is too tight  (no problem, I can probably back it off)

I really wonder if they did much to repair the original problem or not. It cost me $26.00 to send it to them. It was money and time wasted!

kevin2083

how was it not connected?
______
|_____|
0|||||0   
||'-#'||

Blind Bruce

The U joint that looks like a small doughnut has slipped toward the rear of the loco. Besides that if I hold that U joint to keep it from turning, the center truck wheels still turn with a clicking sound like a gear slipping on its mate. That was part of the original problem.
Bruce in the Peg  Canada

WoundedBear

Regarding the front truck......be sure it isn't snagged on the coupler pocket. It takes a little fiddling to get the front truck positioned correctly.

Sid

BillD53A

You posted this on the Model Railroader forum.  Actually, you posted a two week long conniption fit about how your choo-choo doesnt run so you sent it to Bachmann.  They sent it back without fixing it; they did not take it upon themselves to send it somewhere else to be fixed; and now they wont answer your emails and phone calls.  You whine like a mexican-take-away-his-taco.  After two weeks of your snivelling, you admitted the truth...you bought a Shay that had been modified with a can motor, thereby voiding the warrantee.  Send it back where you got it.
Now you are crying about your 2-8-0...I wonder what the truth is with that.
I would say you have a problem.  If you want to see what it is, look in the mirror.