PRR 4-4-6-4 and 6-4-4-6

Started by NewYorkCentralgirl, September 21, 2008, 08:16:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NewYorkCentralgirl

does anyone know of any manufacters that have these:

4-4-6-4 PRR crestline loco

OR A

6-4-4-6

in HO i love these locomotives especially the 4-4-6-4 even though i model the New York Central i want one

ajp3751

These engines were rare in the real world as they are in the modling world. The only models that I have seen or heard of for these arrangements are imported brass. These models might have been limited run as well, so there are limited amounts of them if any. I suggest ebay and great american train shows because they have more than local places and have more modelers with rare items.

Woody Elmore

The Pennsy had only one or two of those engines. I think that they both may have been done by GEM in brass many years ago.

ebtnut

The Pennsy had about 25 of the Q-2's.  There was only one S-1 (6-4-4-6).  To my knowledge they have only been done in brass.  These are BIG locos.  The prototypes were not articulated, and correct-to-scale models need big curves to accommodate them. 

ncc1701

I know a friend through my local hobby shop that recently purchased a brass import of a Q2 (4-4-6-4). I took it that it was an older run and this was a refurbished model. It has given him FITs!
The model takes a 48" RADIUS to turn 180 degrees. Also, this friend detected a short in the unit which caused it to move slowly even while the throttle was completely stopped. If you are desperate enough, you could try to find one, but be aware, this fussy locomotive.

WoundedBear

Some people will never learn about hotlinking, and the problems it can bring for a site. ::)

Sid