News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Looking for 60' coaches?

Started by Pacific Northern, June 30, 2008, 01:50:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pacific Northern

Some one on this forum recently had inquired as to where they could locate a set of the Rivarossi 60' coaches. a search of e-bay indicates there is a set available

http://cgi.ebay.com/HO-Rivarossi-Passenger-Car-Set-Northern-Pacific-600233_W0QQitemZ350072419063QQihZ022QQcategoryZ19129QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262

On occassion he has a few sets available, roadnames vary.

For specs on these see

http://walthers.com/exec/productinfo/635-600229

Pacific Northern

PhilipCal

Well, for the second time tonight, I'm plugging Walthers again. They offer a sixty foot coach, and I believe they also offer an RPO and a Baggage car. The cars are good lookers, and are offered in several road names. My personal thought would be to check a dealer offering Walthers products before I went the E-Bay route. Warranty-returns come to mind.

Pacific Northern

PhilipCal

At present the new Rivarossi/Hornby 60' coaches are only available as a coach or a baggage car. There are also only two roadnames available the CNW and Penn.

It is next to impossible to find these items, note that Walthers has none in stock. The new coaches are indeed rare to find.

The 60' four car set as produced by Rivarossi did sell well and from time to time are available on line.

Note that the vendor who currently had the coaches is also a hobby shop as well.

I have obtained four sets of these coaches in different road names and have had no problem with the coaches other than one coupler on one coach which was quickly solved when I replaced all of the couplers  with Kadee's.

Pacific Northern

grumpy

I have a set of the Rivarossi coaches new in box . Road name Northern Pacific-set no. 6971. This set has complete interiors . This is an older set with hook and horn couplers easily converted to Kadees or McHenrys. If you are interested my e-mail address is da0024@telus.net.
Don