News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Ballast Regulator

Started by Signalman, May 10, 2008, 03:53:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Signalman

G'day again,

In the box that my Bachmann Ballast Regulator came in, there was a small plastic packet with two small pieces of black plastic, with two holes in each of them. Can anyone tell me what they are for, as there is nothing in the instruction leaflet.

Thanks.

Col Paton

Yampa Bob

Wouldn't it be great if the factories included a parts list of what's "in the box"?

I haven't a clue, look the thing over and see if the pieces fit anywhere.  At least this reply will "bump" you to the top where someone else might notice it.
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

Signalman

Thanks for the reply Yampa Bob.  ;D I checked it over and still cannot find where they go.  ??? I think it may be something to with the installation of a decoder.

I cannot find where I can even contact Bachmann via email, to ask them.

Thanks once again Bob.

Col Paton.

rogertra

Phone Bachmann.  Never e-mail as they never ever answer e-mails.

Don't even know why they bother to put an e-mail address on their site as it's next to useless, as many people here will tell you.

djp

Phoning is your best bet but if you want to email them put " Atten Bridget" [i cannot remember her surname] in the subject box. She is the only Bachmann employee who has replied to my numerous mails. Very very helpful too.
Get Off My Train !!!

Yampa Bob

You may find this humorous.  I recently ordered some electrical parts from Litchfield. In the box were a couple small packages labeled "Litchfield".  I thought they might be silica gel they use to keep moisture out of electronic stuff so I just tossed them in my parts box. 

While cleaning my shop, I started to throw them away, but detected a familiar odor. I opened a package and it finally hit me.  They were mints, made by the Litchfield candy company.  What a nice touch. 
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

Signalman

Quote from: djp on May 14, 2008, 01:35:12 PM
Phoning is your best bet but if you want to email them put " Atten Bridget" [i cannot remember her surname] in the subject box. She is the only Bachmann employee who has replied to my numerous mails. Very very helpful too.

It is a little expensive to ring from down under in Australia,  ;D and I cannot find an email address to send an email to. 

Col.

djp

;D yep, i live in India, so you can imagine how expensive it is for me too especially if they put you on hold. i think it is service@bachmanntrains.com.
Don't forget to put Attn: Bridget.
Get Off My Train !!!

Omaha

The plastic pieces sound like some that came with my Spectrum DD40AX that I purchased recently. They are roughly 1" x 1.25" and they have two small holes, one in each corner along one side. I have no idea what they are.

artkent

Have them also and no idea what they are.  They measure about 3/8 X 3/16 and 1/16 thick.  Mystery of the week ;-).

Art

Jake

Quote from: Yampa Bob on May 14, 2008, 05:17:01 PM
You may find this humorous.  I recently ordered some electrical parts from Litchfield. In the box were a couple small packages labeled "Litchfield".  I thought they might be silica gel they use to keep moisture out of electronic stuff so I just tossed them in my parts box. 

While cleaning my shop, I started to throw them away, but detected a familiar odor. I opened a package and it finally hit me.  They were mints, made by the Litchfield candy company.  What a nice touch. 

Yep. Last time I ordered from them I got a couple of mints and some rock candy. (BLECKH) If you are buying anything DCC, I would strongly recommend Litchfield.
Co Admin/Founder of the North American Narrow Gauge Modelers!
http://www.getphpbb.com/phpbb/northamericanna.html
www.myspace.com/vfb1210

JIMMY!! HAFF AR LODE JUST DROPPED LOOS!!!

galaxy

Quote from: Jake on July 03, 2008, 03:28:27 PM
Quote from: Yampa Bob on May 14, 2008, 05:17:01 PM

Yep. Last time I ordered from them I got a couple of mints and some rock candy. (BLECKH) If you are buying anything DCC, I would strongly recommend Litchfield.
Yes, they like to sweeten the deal, so to speak  ;)