News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

engine to temder connection

Started by desert_rat, July 14, 2008, 01:12:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

desert_rat

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm NEW to all this. My question IS, what are the two little "clips?" included with my new "HO" 4-8-4 Bachmann steam engine. My guess is to "retain" the draw bar between the tender and Locomotive.  But nothing in all the papers with the box says anything about this.  It's almost impossible to connect the tinder to engine without getting at least one truck off the track.
I feel dumb asking, but so far no one has an answer. I purchased it on the internet, so no one there to ask.
Thank you for any help that can be given

r0bert

two little "L" shaped clips with three prongs on each?
they are DCC jumper bypass plugs that go inside the tender and plug into the DCC socket if the decoder is removed for pure DC operation.
unless the decoder as taken offline those little clips are not used, and best put somewhere that they won't get lost.

SteamGene

I attach loco to tender off the layout, lying the pair upside down in a work craddle - a towel will do fine.  Once they are attached, I then, holding one in each hand, put them on the tracks.  Trying to line up drawbar and pin while both are on the tracks is almost impossible.
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

jayl1

Rix also makes a handy device to place the train on the tracks.  Retail is about $3.  Place the rerailer on the rails & slide the engine or car onto the track.