News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Help with loco I.D.

Started by robman, August 03, 2008, 07:52:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

robman

Good morning all (well it is over here anyway). Recently two items came into my possession which both carry a brand name I have not seen before. The first is an SD 40-2 made by "North American Diesel Locomotive Works" factory painted in SP colours. It is new, such as it hasn't been used although it was purchased some years ago. The chassis and drive appear almost to be Athearn and it has lots of detail parts to be fitted. I simply want to know more about it as it doesn't fit into my era as I will then on sell it but I would also like to know where they sat in value compared to Athearn, Atlas, and Bachman.
 The second item was a 50' box car also in SP by E & C shops with a build date, as best as I can make out, of 4-82. Also brand new and a good looking kit with lots of detail pieces but the brand is another which I have never seen.  Hope some one can help. Cheers  Rob.  
Modeling over there over here

SteamGene

With the second, are you sure of the name of the builder?  What does the box look like?  (Assuming original box.)
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

Guilford Guy

My assumption on why Gene is asking, is because Funaro & Camerlengo (http://www.fandckits.com/) makes wonderfully detailed resin kits in HO... Funaro & Camerlengo is also known as F&C...
Alex

jayl1

Many years ago there was a company - GSB (??) that was to come out with an SD40-2.  They advertised but kept pushing back the delivery date.  Athearn eventually released their version and GSB disappeared but did release a produce.  Also there was a company called E&C Shops.  They did the lettering on Athearn cars - like BevBel did.  I believe they also did coffee mugs with locomotive pictures.

Dr EMD

North American Diesel
824 Elysian Ave
Toledo, Ohio 43607
(419) 536-1232

SD40-2 and SD40-T2
$31.95 (May 1982)

Address and phone number matches as still current. I don't have the nerve to call and ask "what happen?" (got beat up by Athearn's)
Electro-Motive Historical Research
(Never employed by EMD at any time)

RAM

That phone number now belongs to S&S Distributors same address web page truckloadrate.com