News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

turnouts

Started by jmmrlm, December 03, 2016, 12:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmmrlm

could someone educate me as to the difference between bachman's LT #4 turnout and its LT #4 DCC turnout ?
thanks.

Bucksco

The DCC turnout is equipped with a digital decoder to operate with DCC systems.

jmmrlm

Thanks Bachmann.
Since I am new to DCC and intend to use the Bachmann DCC Turnouts with Bachmann flextrack does it mean that:
1. I can use any other make of throttle/command center to control the Bachmann DCC turnouts without any additional equipment ? If additional equipment would be needed, what would this be ?
2. Since the turnouts come with bed, what would the difference in height be between the Bachmann flextrack and the turnout ? what specifically could I use from Bachmann to match the difference in height ?
Thanks again.

jmmrlm

hello yardmaster - could you please advise regarding my questions of December 7th ?
thanks in advance.

Jerrys HO

yes you can use any make power supply that supplies 12v. You can even use an old wall=wart such as one from a cell phone or old kids toy. As long as you are supplying 12v to the red wire that plugs into the switch controller (black box).

The height difference can be made from anything, there is nothing that is made for this transition. Somewhere in this forum there is a post that O scale roadbed is very close. Some just shim with anything available... balsa wood, styrene, foamboard you get the idea.

What do you know I found it..... It's from Len, read both responses.....
http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/board/index.php/topic,19430.0.html