News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

EZ Control Center

Started by mainejazz, January 12, 2010, 03:11:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mainejazz

Why is it that my EZ Control Center refuses to boot back up after I unplug from the wall and later plug it in again.  No shorts or open circuits, loco seems OK...Help!!! ::) :( >:(

Kris Everett

cheeck that all the codrs are in the right place and tight

ABC

Did you change the track connection at all during this process, or plug it in or unplug it, if so you voided the warranty and likely damaged the system.

Jim Banner

Does your E-Z Command show any response at all?  Are there any lights on?  If you have a small 12 volt light bulb such as a grain of wheat bulb, try holding the striped end of each wire to one of the rails.  Does it light?  Is the outlet you are using working?  You can plug a table lamp into the outlet to test it.

If your E-Z Command has to go back to Bachmann for repairs, let them decide if it is under warranty.  If you purchased your E-Z Command new from a Bachmann dealer within the time limits of the warranty, it is most likely covered.

Jim
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

full maxx

my little engineer had a short and instead of cutting the power to fix it like we have done a dozen times, he unpluged it, frying the ez command controller while I was at work...at least thats what the ex said, anyway I sent it in and they replaced it free of charge, I bought mine from the favorite spot on ebay which is an authorized dealer so it was under warranty ...sent a copy of the receipt just in case
look up FullMaxx1 on youtube or check the blog for the lastest updates  www.crumbsinmycouch.com

ABC

From the manual:
QuoteNOTE: DO NOT CONNECT THE E-Z COMMAND CONTROL CENTER TO THE WALL PACK POWER SUPPLY UNTIL YOU HAVE MADE THE CONNECTIONS FROM THE CONTROL CENTER TO YOUR TRACK.
If your Control Center does not power up, disconnect it from the Wall Pack Power Supply and let it sit for two minutes. This will allow the system to reset itself. After two minutes, you can reconnect the Wall Pack Power Supply to the Control Center.