News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Car identification

Started by glennk28, September 21, 2008, 09:03:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glennk28

I have lost my notes on it--does anyone know the Bachmann stock number for the G Scale version of the "Scrooge Collieries" hopper car? 

Does anyone have one he wants to get rid of? 

Glenn Joesten

Jon D. Miller

Scrooge Collieries "Nice Coal For Naughty Children" item no. 98278.  This car first listed as "New" in the 2005 Bachmann Catalog on page 115.

One of the Enthusiastic Children, so says the Amen Choir!

JD
Poster Child (unofficial & uncompensated)

glennk28

Thanks for the response.  Now if I can just find one--anyone out there got one to spare?  Somehow this one got by me when it came out. 

I did get the On30 version, which has been converted to On3 and is presently spotted on the delivery track at Chama coal tower.   gj

Loco Bill Canelos

Glenn,

According to my records the Scrooge Car has shown up on Ebay 7 times in the last two years.   The lowest price was $81 and the highest price was $109.  It always seems to end up in a bidding war.   

Same thing seems to be true of the Mrs Claus Eggnog Tank Car.

They usually show up in Nov & Dec & Jan.

You could put in a search with an email notice which is how I do it!!

I have never been able to confirm how many of each were made,  One Source said 1500,  but I never been able to confirm it!

Good Luck!

Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

glennk28

Thanks for the info--I have the feelers out for one--mainly for Holiday use--appropriate with an LGB Porter lettered "Humbug Mining Co."  (an actual mining district here during the gold rush in the 1850's.)   gj