News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann decoder Problem For The Bach Man

Started by lilwaffleboy, September 27, 2008, 12:56:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lilwaffleboy

Hey everyone! I have my Acela Trainset and an E-Z decoder 8 pin plug, but I don't know how to dissassemble the locomotive. I have gone to the Acela Modelling Techniques Page, but it doesn't say how to pop off the back plate very clearly. I tried to push the sides apart and pry out the back, but it seems like I will snap it because it won't budge. Am I doing something wrong? Can someone explain to me in extreme detail how to install my decoder? I am very new to DCC and need help.  ???

Thanks,
    lilwaffleboy

Santa Fe buff

lilwaffleboy,
   What kind of Acela locomotive is it? All I need to know if it has cabs on both ends or just on one. :)
- Joshua Bauer

lilwaffleboy

It has one engine in the front and one in the back. It is NOT the Acela HPP-8.

lilwaffleboy

Santa Fe buff

Sorry dude,
Is it an AEM-7?

^AEM-7

It may be held on by small screws. My F40PH had to deep holes and at the bottom were tiny screws to detach it.
- Joshua Bauer

Guilford Guy

Its not an AEM7 or an HHP8, it is the Acela express locomotives. If a relation hadn't misplaced his set I'd check in with him.
I think David Harrison has instruction on disassembling them.

EDIT:
http://web.mac.com/msibnsf/iWeb/Acela%20Express,%20The%20Need%20For%20Speed/Modeling%20Techniques.html
Its about halfway down the page...
Alex

lilwaffleboy

yes, the Gilford Guy is correct. This is the Acela Express, made by bachmann spectrum. The instructions on the website aren't very clear. It says to pop the back plate off, but how do I do that? I started to pry it with a screw driver, but it seems like I will snap it if I go further.