News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

DIFFERENT COLORS ?

Started by G_TRAIN_FAN, October 10, 2008, 10:36:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

G_TRAIN_FAN

I have a EMMETT KELLY JR  circus train,  The passenger car is Yellow  All other sets I have seen have a Red passenger car...Did BACHMANN make more of one color than the other ?   ???

Loco Bill Canelos

Hi G train Fan,

Bachmann did change the color of the combine in the Ringmaster set in 2003.  All previously run sets had the red combine.  You are actually lucky if you have the set with the yellow combine, because the locomotive in that set definitely has the latest smooth running version 5 chassis. Be sure it is properly  lubricated before running it.  The yellow color is fairly rare since it came out 2003.  There were thousands of red one made since it was in many sets and also sold sepereately in red.
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

G_TRAIN_FAN

THANK YOU VERY MUCH !!!!  If I understand right my set is the same size as The BIG Haulers 1/22.5  But the Spectrum is even larger 1/20.3  Is that right ?

calenelson

Quote from: G_TRAIN_FAN on October 13, 2008, 02:27:45 AM
THANK YOU VERY MUCH !!!!  If I understand right my set is the same size as The BIG Haulers 1/22.5  But the Spectrum is even larger 1/20.3  Is that right ?

yes

Loco Bill Canelos

You are welcome!! As Cale said yes it is the same size as the big hauler, but doin't be afraid to get some Spectrum 1:20.3 to go with your 1:22.5.   I mix them all the time and have a SpectrumShay & a 2-8-0 Connie. 

A final nore on the Emmett Kelly Jr items,  Bachmann has not renewed their license for the EKJr name, so when the last of the Ringmaster sets is sold ther will be no more.  This of course includes the yellow combine.

Enjoy
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!