News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Dynamis and 'heavy' locoa

Started by mikec069, October 05, 2008, 12:29:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikec069

I got a Dynamis at a recent train show.  I have a total of 4 locos.  2 bachmann and 2 non-Bachmann (Anthern I think).  Anyway the 3 Bachmanns run rather well.  The other two move but sputter at various points around the track.  The sputterers (new word) never completley stop.  Also they are slightly heavier the two Bachmanns. 

All 4 locos run just fine with the original Bachmann E-z Command.  I bought the Dynamiss for the easier access to the sound the sputterers have thatthe Bachmanns do not.

Would I fry the track if I ran BOTH the standard AND Dynamiss at the same time?
Or do I need a power booster to run the non-Bachmann's?  I tried running just a single sputterer just as a test, and it sputtered when it was the on thing on the track.

Anyone have any ideas?  Or did I get a bad controler?

Thnaks
MikeC069

Running Bear

Sounds to me like you're have a power problem. Do you have feeders going to the part of the track where this is taking place? Are your track joints soldered? Without feeders to the other parts of the layout you may not be getting enough power to other areas. As the loco(s) run over the track joints the joints flex slightly. Over time this can cause the joiners to loosen lose contact. Soldering the joints makes them permanent and rigid so they don't flex and lose contact. If the other locos are Athearns it would be a good idea to remove the contact strip that connects the front and rear trucks to the top of the motor and replace it with a piece of flexible wire that can be soldered in place. This eliminates the possibility of losing electrical contact at these moving points.
Running Bear

Stephen D. Richards

Never run the Dynamis and the EZ Command together!  Dynamis will run fine by itself.  Is the two Athearns (?) DCC?  If they are check your programming.  I ran into the same problem.  Should be able to program the problem out.  Dynamis will not run any DC only!   Stephen

mikec069

Thanks guys.  Yes all locos are DCC equipped.

As for the soldeering and running feeders, and what not, I don't have the dexterity for that fine motor control.  The GENE gods were very mean to me.   >:(

I'll attempt to reprogramm the non Bachmann locos.

There is no way to rest the locos back to factory defaults it here?

Happy railing