News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Model 90090 & 90021

Started by Spinnerbaitor48, October 11, 2008, 01:23:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spinnerbaitor48

Does anyone have any info on these two models....cant find any info anywhere....have both complete sets in original boxes in brand new shape...thanks....Bob

Jon D. Miller

Since you have both sets new in box you must know what they are, i.e, road name, freight or passenger, etc.

So, what is it you want to know?

I found the 90021 in the 1994 Bachmann catalog.  As you already know it is The Big Top circus train.  It was introduced as new in 1994.

Can't find the 90090.  Maybe cataloged before 1994, or possibly a limited run set made for someone like Sam's Club for sale during Christmas.

Loco Bill has extensive data on Bachmann sets.  I'm rather sure he will see your post and fill in the blanks.

"One of the Enthusiastic Children"

JD

Poster Child (unofficial & uncompensated)

Loco Bill Canelos

Bob,

Like Jon, I'm not sure what you want to know, but for the benefit of other readers of this thread who might be interested I will post everything I know about these two sets:

Set 90021 The Big Top was introduced in 1994 and remained in the catalog until 1998.  It has the Emmitt Kelly 4-6-0 steam engine, the cage car with lion & tiger, and the All Star Circus combine.  It is exactly like set 90105 which was the radio controlled set which has the exact same name.  Set 90105 was never in the catalog and was sold in large numbers at places like K-Mart This set can still be found new in box on Ebay.  The original msrp was $275, but the street price was as low as $140.  The locomotive was equipped with the version 3 chassis, which was not very dependable.  The set is very common because of the five year production run, and the pieces in the set are extreemely common because the loco and the cars were sold seperately and were also sold in the many other Circus sets.  Bachmann no longer has the license for the Emmitt Kelly items and they are all out of production and once out of inventory will not be rerun.  The set has sold on Ebay for as low as $35, and as high as $140. The average price was about $80.00. New Bachmann Circus items are made under the "Bachmann Brothers Circus" name.

Set 90090 The Virgina & Truckee "Gold Hill Express" was produced only in late 1997 and was one of those sets never in the catalog.  It was sold only through Hobby Shops and was part of Bachmann's effort to give hobby shops somthing that was not available in other types of stores.  The 4-6-0 was a woodburner and was beautifully decorated and looks great in front of the combine #16 and observation #17  "Azaela"   Unfortunately the locomotive had the version 3 chassis which was very poor and undependable.  I have never been able to find out how many sets were made, but is is definitely harder to find than many other Bachmann sets.  The msrp for this set was $250, but the street price was about $135.   This set shows up on Ebay, but not very often.  The lowest price was$61 The highest was $145, and the average seems to be around $100.

Enjoy your sets but be sure to lubricate them as instructed before running them. 
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!