News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Airbrush Kits

Started by Swampcrawler, October 12, 2008, 02:58:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swampcrawler

Hello All: Any recommendations for a good beginner's airbrush kit?

Jim Banner

There is no "one size fits all" in air brushes.  One man may prefer a Pasche, another will insist it has to be a Badger.  Within a particular brand, some may prefer internal mix, others external mix.  Then there is the size of the paint job.  An air brush that is perfect for painting the lines on an H0-scale locomotive will take forever to paint a G-scale box car while an air brush good for giving that G-scale box car an over all paint job will require a lot of extra masking and waste a lot of paint if used for striping an H0 locomotive.

I can tell you what I use, but it won't do you much good unless you model in the same scales.  A better way to go about it would be for you to tell us what scale(s) you model in and what you hope to achieve.  Then various posters who do similar work can let you know what they use and what they like and dislike about it.
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

the Bach-man

Dear Swamp,
I like the Aztek, because it's easy to clean, the tips are easily interchangeable, and it switches from single to dual action. I got mine at Micro Mark.
Many of the models photographed for the catalog were painted with the Aztek.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

WoundedBear

I agree with the Aztek.....it has a quick learning curve and is very durable. Mine is over 10 years old and going strong. I've shot everything from inks to hot automotive laquers through it....nothing has ever harmed the body or a nozzle.

Here's a sample of it's capabilities.

Sid